What's included that's good for forest owners?
• Improved access to conservation tools and resources.
• Support for programs that combat forest pests and pathogens.
• Strengthened commitment and direction for forest inventory research.
The full Senate will likely begin debating the Farm Bill on this week, while the House is expected to consider this legislation later in June.
Want to know more?
• Check out our American Forest Foundation press release and learn how the House and Senate versions may differ in certain forest provisions.
• To understand how these funds were used in 2012, check out the Forests in the Farm Bill Progress Report on the American Forest Foundations web site.
Much of this information ws compiled by Christine Cadigan, Public Affairs Manager, The American Forest Foundation.